Thursday, December 20, 2012

Disagreement with Gravity

Walking has always been a challenge for me, if I even look at the ground too hard I'll be on it. I like to say gravity and I disagree on the fact that I belong upright and not eating the pavement. Which means by now I should know that if I can fall looking at the ground I shouldn't be on wheels of any kind...
 
I am in a bright pink cast sitting in the backseat of my car sitting between crutches and a knee scooter. I haven't been out in quite a while because moving around is a task, so getting out of the house is nice even if it's only to Dollar Tree. We arrive to Dollar Tree and my mother opens my door to hand me my crutches. I fall several times before I am able to get my footing much to the enjoyment of some man who is watching and laughing while my embarrassed mother helps me up. I have my footing and hop to the front door, which if you've never been on crutches is a lot of work so I was happy to see that my mother also carried my knee scooter along so I wouldn't have to hop the whole time.
 I had decided to sit on my knee scooter instead of putting my knee in it because I felt I had less of a chance to get into an accident that way (I was wrong). I had managed to ride around the whole store without hitting one thing so I figured I could go a little faster to make it to the checkout line. While flying down the aisle I felt like Wonder Woman cape and all, even when I saw I needed to turn to reach my destination I thought "I can do that" so I made a sharp right turn with a huge smile on my face that is until I fell off the knee scooter taking down two display racks before hitting the floor! The best part of the whole thing was looking up and seeing all of these astonished people laughing at me while I was falling and then the look on my mother's face when she see's that all the commotion is because her daughter is on the floor covered in key chains -Best Wishes and Glitter Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment